Friday 21 December 2007

XMAS MADNESS...

Today I went to see Billy at his new office on Great Eastern Street. We had a nice chat and he also gave some presents, chocolates and a hand-made Christmas card. So nice!
Although I work in Old Street all year round, I've never seen this painting... I must have stepped out of my robotic work-mode because I am seeing things that I've never noticed before.

Billy gave me some presents for Cat, too so I decided to bring them over to her in Selfridges. First I had to go to Rigby & Peller on Conduit Street to buy a present for my mum. It was an absolute nightmare. People everywhere, screaming kids... Hell! I was thinking of having a look around, but no way. I took the bus home straightaway. Scary people everywhere. In a buying frenzy and pushing me around. Everyone unhappy, but still doing it... makes you wonder.
On the way back I was thinking about Iceland and how I could drive for hours without meeting a soul. The wind, the birds, the sea and nothing else. Talking about Iceland, I found this picture on the net and I think it is the sweetest picture of the year. Those are Jonsi's (Sigur-Ros) hands, his guitar (I love the birds on the fretboard), a very cute baby with stripey tights, both wearing lovely rubber shoes. They are kind of "welly shoes", if such thing could exist.

Giulia sent me this funny thing. Click the link below if you want to have a laugh.
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1424091252
Yes, it is the four sisters doing a silly dance... I've been receiving elves from everyone this year, but this one is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment