Monday 17 December 2007

HOLIDAYS...

The office is closed, the Xmas holidays have officially started. Happy? Not to be at work? Definitely! About Xmas? Well... Can someone hypnotise or hybernate me until Boxing Day, please? I still don't know what I'll do. Tickets to go home are very expensive and the thought of being treated like an animal by the likes of Ryan Air makes me sick in the stomach. It is an ordeal that I don't wish to my worse enemy.
Enough about Christmas. I don't want to think about it.
Torakiki has been taken to the vet for her annual inoculation and already that she was there she had her nails clipped! Ah, ah! She was very good. She didn't complain at all and now I can pet her without getting torn apart.The vet said it is ok for indoor cats. Anyway, she needed them to be clipped because she kept on getting caught in things and I had to set her free. Torakiki is a good pet.
Last Friday I went to see "The Golden Compass". Being a big fan of the trilogy, I didn't expect much. Possibly because I didn't want to be disappointed. I thought the film was ok. I liked the little girl that plays Lyra, Eva Green as Serafina Pekkala and the Ice Bears. Mrs Coulter wasn't as I imangined her, but Nicole Kidman did a good job after all. The film covered most aspects of the first book, but it felt rushed. There was no depth to the characters and, in my opinion, it didn't feel as dark as it should have been. Still it was entertaining and I'm looking forward to "The Subtle Knife". I wonder who will be casted as Will... He's my hero!
I'm in a funny mood and I'm listening to strange stuff. I've downloaded the soundtrack of "Requiem for a Dream". I wouldn't recommend it if you are in a suicidal mood. I've also downloaded "1234" by Feist. I think it is a cute song with a touch of sadness about it. I've been watching MTV2 while cleaning the house today and I've seen the video of "Lie Lie Lie" by Serj Tankian (the guy from System of a Down). God, he really looks like the devil! I also like the new video for "Flux" from Bloc Party.
I'm turning more and more into a bear (panda?!). People annoy me and enjoy much more spending time on my own. I'm horrible. Ah, ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment