Saturday 1 December 2007

I <3 NY

Here are some pics of my first trip to NY. I really loved it and definitely want to go back again soon. The weather was freezing, but dry and sunny. I didn't know what to expect from this trip and I must say I was very impressed by the mood and special character of this city.



Breakfast at Sarahbeth's, as recommended by MJ. This is my pumpkin waffle, with honey, creme fraiche and crunchy pumkin seeds... delicious, but so big! Well, you need a lot of energy to be a tourist!


A trip to the Planetarium, near the National History Museum.


Inside the Planetarium. A very interesting show was on about celestial collisions. Maybe not suitable for small children... many had to be taken outside because they freaked out at the noise of meteors crashing into planets.

I thought these leaves were beautiful. They looked like little yellow fans. I wonder what tree they belong to...

I need a warm pretzel before going to Central Park. Nice ;)


A view of Central Park. So calm and beautiful!




I really love the colour of autum leaves. This tree in Central Park in particular was amazing. You have green at the bottom, then yellow, orange and red at the top.



This is me, sitting on a mushroom at the Alice in Wonderland monument in Central Park.

Some people were racing their remote-controlled boats on a lake nearby the statue.

Hello, little friend!
If I had to choose a colour to describe this trip, it would definitely be yellow.

Even Sponge Bob!

Yellow cabs on 5th Avenue...

The Chrysler Building is absolutely amazing. Much better than The Empire State Building even though it is not as tall.




Great lunch at Smac's! This little restaurant located on 345 East 12th Street serves only Macaroni & Cheese. You can choose from many variations. I went for the classic "All American". "Cajun" and "Cheese Burger" sounded a bit too much for me!!! Really creamy and deliciuos. I chose the "nosh" portion and it was plenty. I can't imagine anyone eating a "mongo" alone...

I think they are doing pretty well, judging from the number of phone calls they got for take away and the delivery. Here are their delivery bikes.


La Bella Ferrara is a cafe/bakery in the heart of Little Italy. It was quite cold outside and I decided that it was the right place for a cappuccino.
Inside there were hundreds of pictures of the owner with famous people and autographs. I think he has a thing for the old wise guys... and he is a fan of the Sopranos...


Nice almond cappuccino and freshly baked sfogliatella.


Tons of cannoli in the window! That's how they caught me.


Grand Central Station first thing in the morning. It is a beutiful building with a great atmosphere.



Jumbo Pretzel? Yes, please!


It looks as if everything is moving but me...

A trip to China Town...



Looking for soup dumplings!


Satisfied outside Shanghai Cuisine...


Time for bobble tea. I got it hot this time!

Pig building...

Cool building...

Dinner at the Blue Smoke. I really recommend this place, if you like barbeque that is. The ribs were so tender and meaty! All the side dishes were yummy, too. My favourite was the corn bread. Downstairs is a jazz venue. Apparently pretty good, but I am no jazz expert... only food. The Blue Smoke is on 116 E 27th Street.




Great time at M&M's World on Time Square and Toys R Us. How many M&Ms can you eat? Loads! There were so many different colours nad flavours. My favourite is always peanut butter, but the new cherry almondelle is pretty good, too.

Elmo!

Drinks at Bubba Gump! Lotsa Lava, alcohol free and sweet.

Trash Bucket... Lobster, Mahi Mahi and Prawns.

Shrimp New Orleans... believe there was plenty of them underneath that slab of fried, cheesy, garlic bread!


Hush Puppies... some sort of fish fritters.


Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge. I didn't cross either of them it was too cold and rainy.


Best burgers ever at Rare on Bleeker St. This one was a T-Bone Steak Burger. They ground the meat you choose and the quality of all the ingredients was great.




Christmas decorations at Macy's.


Shrek's Christmas decorations?


Ben & Jerry's Menu!


Massive, moist brownies...


Empire State Building peaking up at night...

Hacienda de Argentina. Very nice steaks. Pity that because of some silly law they cannot import Argentinian beef any longer. My steak was from Uruguay, but still very very good and cooked to perfection.

Well, I took much more pictures, but I can't post them all. Anyway, after all this food I'd better be off to the gym!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great picture Chiara_
    I love NYC even if I've been there just once. I'll go there next april and I cant wait!!!
    Take Care_

    ci sentiamo presto,
    stammi bene,

    b

    ps: please, dai un bacio a Londra da parte mia.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginko tree that's where your fan leaves are from!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just happened on your site as i was researching images for the grand central station clock.

    the tree you were wondering about is a ginko. i agree, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete