Thursday 20 December 2007

AT HOME :)

I like being at home. I can sleep in, have a coffee in peace while I do my Brain Training (still failing miserably, by the way) and keep the house tidy. I've been going to the gym and I feel a great deal better and energised. I can also use messenger (still not working in the office) and I managed to talk to some friends for a change.
The gym is quiet during the day and the sauna is always empty, so I can make it as hot as I want. I think I went overboard today, as my legs were very red when I came out...
Even the shops aren't so crowded and shopping isn't that stressful.
Budgens in Crouch End has improved a lot since I've moved here. I usually shop at the Waitrose on Holloway Road, but lately I've been popping into Budgens when I don't feel like getting the bus down to Holloway.
I was really surprised as the cashier didn't know what mangoes or kiwis were. The guy in front of me bought both fruits and she was looking at him as if he were an alien. I don't like mango therefore I don't buy it, but at least I know what it looks like... It is not the first time that supermarket staff don't know what apparently obvious things are. Once I've asked for chives and the guy didn't have a clue. Oh, well!
While I was in Budgens I saw this really nice canvas shopping bag. It is a "Crouch End Shopping Bag", a project of the independent shops of Crouch End for the community and for the environment. I think it is a really good idea and I supported the project by buying one. http://www.thecrouchendproject.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment