Sunday 20 July 2008

A SHORT TRIP TO LAS PALMAS

Last week I went for a short break to Gran Canaria, where my friend Marcos lives. I have been there once before. It is a beautiful place to visit. This is if you stay well clear of the South of the island, where all the tourist resorts are. I mean the beaches down there are amazing, but there are too many pubs and German cafes for my taste. As usual, I stick with the locals :)
This time I went to see the mummies at the Museo Canario (rather small, but very interesting). I also made it to beach! It was quite windy and the combination "strong wind/sand/sunscreen" wasn't ideal and made me turn into a croquette...
I had a lot of nice things to eat. The best dish I had this time is without a doubt the "Octopus a la Plancha" at a newish restaurant called "Que Tal". Jorge, Marcos' friend, is the head chef there and he is the best. The octopus was so tender and fresh! The restaurant has been open since February, I think. It is very central and rather fancy. The ground floor is a trendy bar and upstairs is the restaurant, with an open kitchen. Very nice.
I think that the old part of the city is beautiful. I took a lot of pictures of balconies. The architecture is amazing and the narrow streets are extremely clean and well looked after. The colours of the sky, the ocean and the flowers are really vivid, as if in a postcard. Pity I was there for 3 full days only...


The beach at Telde, with the statue of Neptune in the sea.

Happy Feet!










Croquetas at Le Monde. Another place I like.

Queso a la Plancha with Membrillo (quince paste). Delicious!

Time to go... good bye :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment