Wednesday 23 July 2008

A BREW FOR THE SUMMER

It finally feels like summer. I hope this weather will last for a few more days. Unfortunately I cannot enjoy the sun during the week at all because our office is in the basement and it is always dark, stuffy and cold. Therefore I need the weekend to be good, too!
Anyway, I've been drinking a lot of Moroccan-style tea lately. I think it is great in the hot weather and it is very good for your digestion, too.
Here is the way I prepare it. It is very easy and probably not the real traditional way, but it tastes very good.
You will need:

Chinese Green Tea (Gunpowder)
A bunch of fresh mint
Sugar

Put all the ingredients in a teapot. I use 2 tablespoons of Chinese green tea, 2 tablesp of sugar and 2 handfull of fresh mint. Boil a kettle and pour the hot water in the teapot. Let it brew for 4/5 min. then taste it for sweetness. It is meant to be drunk very sweet, but I think 2 tablespoon are just right for me. You can always add more later.
Pour the tea in heath-proof glasses. If you are not sure whether your glasses can take hot liquids, just put a spoon in as you pour and they shouldn't break. Mind you, I bet this trick doesn't work if your glasses are very thin...
You should be pouring from high above the glasses, so that the tea foams nicely.

Courgettes are a very versatile summer vegetable. I've been cooking them quite often in the past few days. They are good with pasta, as a side dish or in a very quick and simple frittata.

No comments:

Post a Comment