Sunday 3 October 2010

CHEER-UP FOOD FOR GRIM WEATHER

What's going on with the weather? It has been dreadful lately. I realise that it is October, but still... so depressing! My antidote to the grim weather is, as always, good, heart-warming food.
My friend Eirik has brought me this amazing smoked salmon from Norway for my birthday. I love it!

I decided to bake some nice brown soda bread to go with it. It turned out very well.

I used malted brown flour. It tasted amazing. I'll post the recipe soon :)

Perfect partners!

Roasted leg of lamb. I recommend the half leg of lamb from the salt marshes available at Marks&Spencer. Kind of expensive but unbeatable for flavour and tenderness. I massage it with rock salt and pepper before searing it. Then I rub it with garlic, rosmary and fresh thyme and roast it in the oven for about 40min.

Delicious Sunday Roast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment