Sunday 21 June 2009

LAST SUNDAY...

I've been meaning to try Yum Cha for a while and finally last Sunday I managed to go. I ordered all my favourite dim-sum and they were all very yummy. I thought the xiao long bao were very good, because their skin was thin and the stock delicious.
I must say that I came here because I heard that their pan-fried turnip cake was exceptional. The turnip cake is probably my favourite and I could eat tons of it. This one was succulent and I really enjoyed it.
All in all my experience at Yum Cha was a positive one. The dim-sum were good quality and fairly priced. I'm very happy that I won't need to go into town everytime I fancy some genuine tasting dim-sum.
Yum Cha is located on Kentish Town Road, where the old Silk&Spice used to be.





After such a big lunch, I decided to go for a walk. From Kentish Town up to Parliament Hill, then to Highgate and back home to Crouch End. A fair, pleasant walk.
People were swimming and diving in the ponds in Hampstead Heath. It looked like good fun, but I'm not sure I'd like to dip in there...


For dinner I visited my local chippie for the first time in 5 years! Not too bad. I only got chips. I'm not a big fan of deep fried cod. I like the paper bag though :)

3 comments:

  1. I want to try Yum Cha too. The siew mai looks so good. And laughing at the chip bag - "complete nutritious meal...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm craving for dim sum esp. char siew bao and carrot cake after seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should go! I want to go back again :)
    The filling of the char siew bao was good, too. There were many other things on the menu, but it was only the two of us and I couldn't order everything.

    ReplyDelete