Saturday 11 October 2008

MORE COOKING!

Here is a recipe of my invention... Steamed salmon with ginger, garlic, green chillies and soy sauce. Served on a bed of... mushy broccoli!!! I boiled the broccoli until tender with some chunks of ginger. Then I mashed them with olive oil, more garlic, ginger and chillies. I used one of those vertical blenders for soups. The consistency is that of mushy peas, but the taste is very intersting with a kick from the chillies. I also added some blanched cherry tomatoes to give the dish a bit of colour.

Today, after my Japanese lesson, I went to the Japan Centre and China Town to buy some groceries. I bought all the ingredients for gyoza. I've never made gyoza from scratch on my own before. I've learnt a couple of weeks ago at Koko and Aya's house. Tonight I've used Koko's recipe. They came out really nice. Gyoza and beer for dinner... so tasty!

1 comment: