Saturday 4 October 2008

COLD!

The weather has turned cold. It's time for coats, scarves and fluffy boots again... I must say it is a bit sad, as for the second year in a row, we haven't had much of a summer. It is especially bad for me becuase I haven't had any summer holidays this year... sigh! It is back to grey a little too soon.
My birthday has passed quite uneventfully, since it took longer than expected to get rid of my cold. No party, no nothing. I still got nice presents though, which is always nice :)

This cold weather is ideal for Hainanese Chicken Rice. I've been meaning to prepare it for ages and finally I got my inspiration. It came out really well! I'm making it again for sure. Here is a picture of my efforts:

My weird cravings for real mille feuille has finally been satisfied. This one from Patisserie Valerie was very good and tasted exactly like the one I used to eat when I was small. It was such a massive slice! Although it was super yummy, I must admit that I struggled to finish it. It was a meal on its own!!!


I've finally started taking Japanese lessons! Every Saturday morning from 10 to 12. My level is very basic at the moment, but I hope to get better soon. I must revise and learn how to read and write properly... it is hard work, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Ganbarimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment