Monday 5 May 2008

A WEEKEND IN ITALY

Last weekend I went home to see my family. I left on Saturday afternoon and came back on Monday evening.
It was bank holiday in Italy and there was a town-fair selling all sorts of things. I bought some deer ham and boar salame. I really wanted to try them, but I left them in my mum's fridge and my sisters ate them... they said the ham was delicious... :'(


I also met my cousin's dog for the first time. Her name is Ellen. Apparently my cousin Francesca is a big fan of "The Lord of the Rings" and bought an "Elvish Language Dictionary". Ellen means "star" in Elvish. Anyway, the dog is a tiny mongrel, nothing special, but she is the survivor of an incredible adventure.
A couple of months ago my mum rang telling me that Ellen went missing after being run over by a car. Apparently after the accindent the poor dog ran away in a frenzy and nobody could find her. My relatives went out in forces to try to find her, but nothing. After a week they gave up the search, thinking that she had been badly wounded and had died in some hidden place. She wasn't wearing a dog tag because she had a microchip implanted and she spent most of her time indoor anyway. Two weeks later my uncle received a phonecall from a vet in a neighbouring town saying that someone had brought him a wounded dog. The vet took her in and cared for her. Then, by chance, he scanned the dog and my uncle's details came up on his screen. My uncle collected her. She was very scared, had a broken leg and smellt badly. Everyone was very happy that Ellen had been found after two weeks. They even held a party for her safe return home!
Well, this is her :)

I am not a big fan of ice-cream, but when I go home I do eat it. In my town there is an ice-cream parlour called "Malibu" and I really like their ice-cream. This time I tried a new flavour: "kinder chocolate". It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment