Saturday 5 February 2011

ON REMAKES... AGAIN...


Everyone knows I'm not a big fan of remakes. It's been a long time since 1969 and a remake of the classic "True Grit", although unecessary, didn't come as upsetting news. Still, having a soft spot for the original and having seen it with my dad at least a dozen times, I felt I didn't want to see the new version. However, I'm not an obtuse person, or at least I try not to be, and I really like the work of the Coen brothers... 'It could be an eye opener, you stubborn ass', I told to myself... Fortunately or unfortunately, I have to conclude that the remake doesn't have a patch (haha) on the original and my opinion on remakes remains unchanged... For a more thourough analysis check this article from the Guardian.

1 comment:

  1. All I could think of was, what is that jacket she is wearing!?

    ReplyDelete