Saturday 27 November 2010

SWEDISH CHRISTMAS FAIR

As Christmas approaches, it is time for fairs and markets!
Famous (?) Swedish hotdogs welcomed us at the entrance...

I must say that it was really good :)

There were many stalls selling Swedish products. All the staff were dressed in traditional clothes...


There were a lot of hand-made, cute Christmas decorations...


The butcher...

The church had been transformed into a tea hall!

Everyone sat on the church benches and enjoyed tea, coffee and home baked cakes...


The parish grannies prepared all kinds of traditional cakes and sandwiches...



It felt a bit strange to sit and eat in a church... a good idea, but a new experience for me. All around us reminders of where we were...

Candles and sacred hymns...

Below is my slice of Princess Cake. A piece of heaven in your mouth! Light sponge with cream and marzipan :)

Traditional prawns sandwich...

Commemorative canvas tote bag (I got one!)

The bread stall... a lot of gingerbread for sale!

Julbocks!

More decorations :)

Traditional Dala horses. I like them!

Unmissable glogg :)

Textiles...



More julbock... I've always found them a bit scary... they remind me of the wicker man somehow... Well, they are all of pagan origin, I suppose...

Walking sticks... I like the crow's head one.

Time to go! There is more glogg and pea soup (?) outside.

Better not, we had enough treats for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment