Sunday 3 February 2008

BAKING ETC.

I wasn't feeling too good this weekend. Tummy ache... When I'm like that there isn't much I can do and there is no point for me going out and making plans.
I spent Saturday reading "The Tin Drum" in bed then I watched "La Vie en Rose". Sunday (today) I was feeling slightly better and decided to get up and cook a nice breakfast with scrambled eggs and salmon. Now I am also a mochaccino master. The milk frother I got for Christmas works a treat!
In the afternoon I watched an old series from 1995 entitled "Full Circle" with Michael Palin. Very interesting to see how much the world has changed in little over 10 years. Around 4pm I decided to bake scones and use my new heart-shaped cutter. They came out really nice and pretty. I had them with Cornish clotted cream and Bonne Maman Wild Strawberry jam.




For dinner I prepared my absolute favourite: lentils and polenta. This is really traditional of the area I come from and I always use my granny's recipe, which is the best. I could eat this dish every day. It isn't anything refined, but it is very healthy and I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment